Lasik Surgeon In Aurangabad
LASIK is currently the most effective procedure of refractive error correction performed by a Lasik Surgeon in Aurangabad, Dr. Rajiv Mundada. It is precise, effective, and secure. In LASIK, a very thin layer of the cornea (the visible area of the eye) is lifted (110 to 160 microns). The cornea is subsequently reshaped into a preset curvature using a computer-controlled Wavelight Allegretto Excimer Laser (Argon Fluoride 193 nm). Myopia, hypermetropia, and astigmatism are all corrected as a result of this. The operation is short and simple, yet it is highly accurate because it is computer-controlled.
What are the Procedure?
There is no need for an injection because LASIK is performed under eye drops anaesthetic. A high-speed (250 Hz) eye tracking device is included with the Wavelight Allegretto LASIK equipment. The position of the eye is constantly monitored by this gadget, which then realigns the laser to the exact place on the eye. Lasik Surgeon in Aurangabad
Performs Lasik Surgery with the steps as Follow:
1. The patient's face is covered with a drape after anaesthesia, leaving only the eye exposed. The eyelids are then retracted with an eyelid speculum, and the patient is required to look at a blinking green light.
2. A vacuum ring is inserted around the cornea to help stabilise the eyeball as well as provide a platform for the microkeratome. When the vacuum is turned on, the eyesight becomes fuzzy and there is pressure on the eye.
3. The corneal flap is folded back after the automated Moria Microkeratome dissects through the superficial layers of the cornea. The patient hears the sound of a motor in front of his or her eye during this step.
4. The Wavelight Allegretto Excimer Laser ablates the stromal bed to resurface it to a desired curvature at a high speed (200 Hz). The Excimer laser's ability to eliminate tissue with a precision of up to 0.25 micron each pulse makes it ideal for corneal ablation. To obtain the optimal amount of repair, only 50 microns of tissue are frequently removed.The Exeirner emits a non-thermal light beam, which removes the risk of thermal injury to nearby tissues. To rectify refractive errors, higher order aberrations, and design smooth transition zones, this Laser uses a 0.95 mm flying spot with a truncated gaussian profile Laser beam. A clicking sound can be heard, an odour of ablating tissue (similar to charring hair) can be smelled, and a flickering light can be seen close to the eye at this step. At the same time, the patient must focus on the centre of the blinking red spot of light.
5. After that, the corneal flap is replaced and dried for a few minutes. Sutures are not required because the flap self-seals.
6. Antibiotic eye treatments and other eye treatments are recommended. The patient is asked to return the next day.
What are the Safety Measures?
● For a month, avoid swimming and splashing water in your eyes
● For a month, don't rub your eyes.
● Wear sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun, dust, wind, and pollution.
● For a week, avoid watching TV or working on computers.
● Use medications as directed on a regular basis.
● If you have any concerns, contact your eye surgeon.
Are There Any Complications?
Although no surgical procedure is without risk, LASIK is a relatively safe procedure for correcting refractive problems. Glare, mild over and under correction, diminished contrast sensitivity, epithelial ingrowth, and other problems are possible but rare.
Flap-related complications on the operating table are also uncommon, and most may be handled on the operating table; however, only a few require the surgeon to postpone the surgery to a later date for better management.
● Reduced contrast sensitivity
● Under or over correction
● Buttonholing of flap
● Decentration of ablation
● Corneal infiltration
● Corneal perforation
● Central island
● Corneal ulceration
● Flap damage
What are the Results?
The results are generally positive, with more than 90% of patients achieving unassisted visual acuity of 6/12 or better (i.e., 6/12 6/9 6/6 6/5). There is a subjective variation in the level of patient satisfaction. Some patients with a vision of 6/12 may be overjoyed, while others with a vision of 6/5 may be unsatisfied. Why Choose Mundada Eye Care For Lasik
● Advanced LASER infrastructure and state-of-the-art infrastructure
● Operation theatre with a special design for optimal sterility
● Comprehensive pre-LASIK screening to determine the candidate's fitness level before surgery.
● For accuracy, a complex corneal topographic system and precise ultrasonic corneal thickness measurement tools are used.
● Disposable single-use consumables for high precision, accuracy, sterility, and patient safety.
● Lasik Surgeons in Aurangabad
at our Hospital are very talented and experienced, backed up by knowledgeable personnel